Despite government attempts to simplify taxation processes, tax remains a complex subject, requiring detailed attention and expert knowledge.
Our tax team, led by Partner Graeme Bryson, provides tax services to a wide variety of individuals and businesses.
Through our comprehensive compliance service, we:
- ensure our clients adhere to all legal obligations and requirements, including the completion of tax returns
- advise our clients as early as possible of their forthcoming tax payments, to enable efficient cash flow planning
- send reminders ahead of the due date of payment
- correspond directly with HM Revenue & Customs on any matters arising in connection with tax returns
Using our specialist knowledge, we help minimise your taxation liabilities, providing advice on:
- tax planning strategies for the mitigation of both corporation tax and income tax
- tax efficient remuneration, in particular for family-owned companies
- employee benefits
- advice on changes to capital allowances and the impact on your business
- capital gains tax planning
- inheritance tax planning
- formation of partnerships and limited companies and the tax implications
- negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs and assistance with enquiries and tax investigations